2010年8月30日星期一

Sponsor opts for spot behind t

Jay Bailey went from spectator to driver in one Saturday night of watching dirt track racing.

"I sponsored a race car (for Modified driver Ryan Phillips) and Memorial Day weekend (in 2007) I went and watched the races," Bailey recalled. "(Phillips) came over afterwards and said, "What did you cheap handbags think about the races?' I said, "You better get ready." He said, "For what," and I said, "I'm buying a race car."

"That Wednesday we were in Plattsmouth, Neb. picking up a turn key Hobby Stock and I started racing the next Saturday."

Bailey said the one visit to watch Phillips convinced him he needed to be on the track.

"I was in the pits and I was listening to everybody and I was watching everybody and I go, "There ain't nothing to this,' " said Bailey, who operates Bailey and Sons Motor Company in Lyndon. "Well, there turned out to be a little more to it after I cheap handbags got into it."

The fact that Bailey experienced almost immediate success boosted his desire to race.

Bailey won a track title in Street Stock at Whiskey Lake Raceway in 2008 while finishing fifth at Heartland Park. Bailey was second at HPT in B Mods in 2009 and is in the thick of the race for the track championship this season, sitting third in the standings and just 20 points out of first.

cheap handbags

"The best thing is we're all pretty good friends," Bailey said of this year's points battle. "We have our clashes -- don't get me wrong -- but for the most part we all pretty much get along with each other.

"It's one of those deals that if something breaks and you need a handbag purse part and another guy has the part that will get you back on the track they're going to give you the part. Nobody wants to win a race because somebody else broke. That's not winning. To win the race you need to go out and have everybody racing."

Bailey said racing also has become a family affair.

"My wife and kids enjoy it," he said. "They go every week and that's what makes it more handbag purse fun. I've got a 7-year-old, a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old, and they can sit at the house and recite every driver that's in every class."

Making a name

Nineteen-year-old Wamego Super Pro driver Todd Piper gives his father, veteran drag racer Larry Piper, a ton of credit when it comes to his racing success.

But ironically, dad was several hundred miles away when Todd posted a recent win, during the Super Chevy Show at Heartland Park.

"He was in Denver racing a (Division V) event so I raced by myself and that's the first time I had done that," Todd Piper said.

But while the weekend turned out well, he'd rather have his father around to provide support and guidance.

handbag purse

"Definitely he helps," Piper said. "He's where I've learned everything from."

Todd Piper, currently the Super Pro points leader in Heartland Park's E.T. Bracket Racing Series, is a graduate of the Junior Dragster ranks.

"It started when I was 10," he said. "We borrowed a Junior Dragster and went out to Manhattan and raced. It was the first time I had raced and I actually won that race, so that was kind of cool.

没有评论:

发表评论